Department: Office of the President and Real Estate Department
Reports To: Special Assistant to the President and CEO/Chief Real Estate Officer
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Summary: Reports to the Special Assistant to the President and CEO for all scheduling and some administrative functions for the executive team and has a dual report to the Chief Real Estate Officer to handle all administrative support functions for the real estate department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are essential
- Maintain EBDI Executive and Senior staff’s complex calendars by scheduling and coordinating meetings, presentations, and events, internal and external, to maximize the executives’
- Draft, proofread and format correspondence, reports, memos and other items as required.
- Make travel and lodging arrangements, registers staff for internal and external trainings, conferences, and other meetings and
- Interface with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Screen and discern level of priority for incoming calls to the organizations with attention to confidential and sensitive nature of
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and prepare meeting packages as related to EBDI, the Board of Directors, Board Committees, and Board
- Schedule Board of Directors and other Board Committee related meetings.
- Attend Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Real Estate Committee, and other Committee meetings, as needed, to prepare minutes.
- Type and design agendas, letters, flyers, memos, presentations, charts, tables, graphs and business plans, and proofread copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate
- Maintain internal and public events
- Prepare and distribute materials related to internal and public events; assure venue and event
- Prepare expense reports, check requests and vendor bills for payments in a timely fashion. Research and resolve any issues with
- Interface and coordinate with EBDI staff as needed to completed tasks.
- Handle critical and sensitive information while maintaining a high level of
- Ensure that our 1731 East Chase location and staff telecommuting has adequate office supplies.
- Assist in keeping company website updated.
- Assist EBDI consultants with scheduling and meeting prep when
- Participate on committees and subcommittees when
- Act as technical support for office machinery and find solutions to
- Perform all duties as specified by management and senior
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be able to communicate thoughts effectively.
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as working independently is a job
- Maintaining and developing good relationships with a broad range of stakeholders is essential. These include but are not limited to community residents, elected officials, funding partners, and the business
- Problem solving—The individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information
- Planning/organizing—The individual is detail oriented, prioritizes and plans work activities, and uses time
- Multi-tasking – The individual is able to work on multiple projects at one
- Quality control—The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve
- Quantity—Meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely
- Adaptability—The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve
- Safety and security—The individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years of providing administrative support to Executive and Senior level management OR Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate Development or other discipline focused on real estate. Must demonstrate ability to read and interpret documents related to accounting, real estate development, contracts, policies and procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Must demonstrate ability to draft letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets as well as general correspondence. Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Have advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Language and Reasoning Ability:
Must be able to speak and read English. The ability to read, interpret and analyze documents related to accounting, policy and procedures manual(s), safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. The ability to write routine accounting reports, letters and emails as well as general correspondence. Possess the ability to speak effectively in describing general work needs and speak effectively in interpersonal situations. Possess the ability to present new ideas or processes to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the wide world web, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. The employee will be required to be outside in variable weather elements.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Other duties may be a