WestRock is a leader in paper and packaging solutions.
We are looking for great talent like you to join our 2nd and 3rd shift Maintenance team in North East Minneapolis, MN!
Our name may be new to you, but you see our products every day - from the box on your doorstep to your favorite brand's unique packaging. WestRock manufactures packaging used in the food, foodservice and beverage industries, shipping solutions for e-commerce, packaging for healthcare products, and more!
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to make an impact and solve challenges for the world's best brands? We're seeking fresh perspectives to help us deliver value to the brands we serve. Let's connect!
What we offer:
· $23 - $32 dollars an hour, including shift differential, and overtime eligibility.
· Benefits after 2 months of employment.
· We provide a work environment committed to safety
· We have a corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
· WestRock offers a variety of benefits and group health insurance options, the premium costs of which are currently shared by employees and WestRock (health, dental, vision, disability, flexible spending account, HSA, life insurance, paid time off, employee assistance program, pension, matching 401K).
What you need to succeed:
· Ability to place at an acceptable level on the Maintenance Placement Assessment.
· Background in welding, pipe fitting, pneumatic controls, air compressors, fabrication, hydraulic systems, maintenance of gas/oil boiler, and troubleshooting is highly desired.
· Must obtain Special Boiler's License within first 3 months of employment.
· Follow all safety rules in accordance with company policies.
· Communicate well with Supervision and co-workers
· Troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment.
· Perform preventive maintenance duties.
· Perform inventory management and controls.
Qualities we look for:
· Focused on the safety of self and others.
· Takes pride in a job well done.
· High sense of urgency.
· Proven reliability (Exceptional punctuality and attendance record)
· Positive attitude; eager to learn, grow and contribute.
· Flexibility to work 2nd or 3rd shift, required to work daily overtime and weekends as needed
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to climb into and around tight quarters of machines.
· Able to lift up to 50#'s regularly.
· Able to lift and move up to 10#'s frequently.
· Able to withstand prolonged exposure to high heat and humidity indoors (during the summer months), and cold winter weather for outdoor facilities maintenance, as needed.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in the English language.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.